FROM FITNESS TO FUN, MOBILE ACCESSORIES HAVE HOLIDAY SHOPPING LISTS COVERED
While wireless accessories, such as cases, chargers and skins are still important to have, these days accessories can fly, entertain and even ensure safety.
This new wave of accessories has created entertainment and organizational hubs that continue to grow in popularity. ABI Research forecasts that global revenues for mobile accessories will grow to $101 billion in 2020.
Wireless devices continue to be utilized for more than just a call or text. A recent U.S. Cellular survey indicated that 94 percent of smartphone owners used their device to keep themselves entertained, while 49 percent utilized smart home technology or connected home devices.*
“Mobile accessories are popular because they continue to simplify and enhance your life,” said Nathan Waddell, U.S. Cellular’s director of sales in the Mid-South. “When paired with a smartphone, such as the iPhone 7 or Samsung Galaxy S7, it is easier to stay fit and listen to music. Not to mention, Bluetooth accessories and Square Care readers make it simple to do business.”
While Body Glove and OtterBox cases continue to make great gifts, U.S. Cellular recommends these entertainment, home, music and wearable accessories for the holidays:
• Entertainment: The Parrot Mini-Drone Rolling Spider flies smoothly in all directions and is easy to pilot with touch controls through the FreeFlight 3 app on any smartphone.
• Virtual Reality: With the Samsung Gear VR virtual reality has finally arrived. Be at the center of exciting games, watch the best of Hollywood in your own private cinema, socialize with friends and so much more.
• Home: Nest Protect is a next-level alarm system that connects to smartphones and tablets to warn of smoke, fire and carbon monoxide. Nest Cam provides home security, while Nest Learning Thermostat programs itself and automatically saves energy when you are away. All three devices can be controlled with an iPhone 7 or any smartphone or tablet.
• Music: The UE Roll 2 Bluetooth Speaker can withstand water for up to 30 minutes and pumps out a crisp sound with deep bass in every direction. Youngsters can plug into their favorite games and tunes with a Despicable Me Minion Bluetooth Speaker or Frozen Cool Tunes Headphone.
• Wearable Accessories: The Samsung Gear S2 smartwatch helps users take charge of their health. When paired with a Samsung Galaxy S7, the watch can track daily activity levels, heart rate and water vs. caffeine intake. Timely motivational messages also will help users stay fit.
*Between Nov. 12-21, 2015, a total of 735 online interviews were conducted among a nationally representative sample by Consumer Insights, in partnership with Maritz CX.
About U.S. Cellular
U.S. Cellular is the fifth-largest full-service wireless carrier in the United States, providing national network coverage and industry-leading innovations designed to elevate the customer experience. The Chicago-based carrier offers coverage where the other carriers don’t and a wide range of communication services that enhance consumers’ lives, increase the competitiveness of local businesses and improve the efficiency of government operations. U.S. Cellular has the Highest Wireless Network Quality Performance in the North Central Region, according to the J.D. Power 2016 U.S. Wireless Network Quality Performance Study, and 99 percent of customers have access to 4G LTE speeds. To learn more about U.S. Cellular, visit one of its retail stores or uscellular.com. To get the latest news, promos and videos, connect with U.S. Cellular on Facebook.com/uscellular, Twitter.com/uscellular and YouTube.com/uscellularcorp.