As Halloween approaches, kids start dreaming of endless supplies of candy, and parents think about how to keep their Trick or Treaters safer as they roam the neighborhood streets. U.S. Cellular has tips on how to use smartphones to get into the holiday’s spooky spirit. In addition to important safety apps, there are some frighteningly good apps that adults can download to become more creative, and a better ghostbuster.
“Halloween is a family-favorite holiday, and U.S. Cellular has ideas on how to use your smartphone – like the iPhone 8 or Samsung Galaxy Note8 – to have fun while also keeping tabs on kids as they Trick or Treat,” said Nathan Waddell, director of sales for U.S. Cellular in the Mid-South, “At Halloween – and throughout the year – U.S. Cellular’s reliable network makes it easier than ever to access and share information and engage in fun, enriching activities with family members.”
Now, you can use your mobile device in a variety of ways this Halloween:
• Family Locator Keep tabs on trick-or-treating family members with the Family Locator app. This free app allows parents to see kids’ locations in real time and get notifications when they reach their destination.
• Red Panic Button In case of emergency, parents can ensure they’re reachable at a moment’s notice with the Red Panic Button app. A press of the button sends an SMS and email with a link to Google Maps and GPS coordinates to everyone in the panic contact list.
• Make a Zombie lets you raise your own pet zombie this Halloween! Create your own zombie by putting together unique hairstyles, heads, eyes, torso, clothes and other body parts. You can create more than one with this app, and unleash them on Twitter and Facebook. (iOS only)
• Shoot the Zombirds game allows you to take charge as a pumpkin-headed boy to save all the little pumpkin children! You’re only objective is to shoot down the zombie birds before they take those precious pumpkiddos away. Collect points and coins as you go through each spooky and haunted level.
• Ghost Radar Have a little fun this Halloween with the Ghost Radar app! This free app takes Halloween safety to a paranormal level by alerting users to any possible paranormal activity in the area. Ghost Radar takes various readings on the device, and includes a voice to announce when interesting words have been detected.
• Halloween House Customize your Android device with a haunted house, designed by you. Halloween House includes dozens of exclusive icons, live, 3D dynamic wallpapers, interactive themes, sounds and much more.
About U.S. Cellular
U.S. Cellular is the fifth-largest full-service wireless carrier in the United States, providing national network coverage and industry-leading innovations designed to elevate the customer experience. The Chicago-based carrier offers coverage where the other carriers don’t and a wide range of communication services that enhance consumers’ lives, increase the competitiveness of local businesses and improve the efficiency of government operations. For the third time in a row, U.S. Cellular has the Highest Wireless Network Quality Performance, according to J.D. Power’s twice-annual U.S. Wireless Network Quality Performance Study, and 99 percent of customers have access to 4G LTE speeds. To learn more about U.S. Cellular, visit one of its retail stores or www.uscellular.com. To get the latest news, promos and videos, connect with U.S. Cellular on Facebook.com/uscellular, Twitter.com/uscellular and YouTube.com/uscellularcorp.